When the mind tells you to write, then write. Spill it out. Have the urge to express what you've experienced, what you've been through, and what you've heard into some words.

Sunday, November 13, 2011

The Script Live in Concert

Since 2009, Guinness Arthur's Day has been an annual celebration to celebrate the 250 years when Arthur Guinness signed the St.James' Gate Brewery's least (1759) and introduced Guinness to the world. This celebration is also held in Indonesia and for this year, the Guinness invited The Script and Mr.Big to perform. (source)

The Script performed in this annual year celebration yesterday night, 12 November 2011. It was one of my best nights in 2011. The Script was awesome.. beyond words. But during the celebration, I was feeling disappointed at first. This is due to the unexpected bands who performed as the opening acts. I think it has been told in the media that there will be some other bands performing, but I did not know about that. I wasn't expecting for any other bands beside The Script. The concert did not start at the exact 7PM (as it is mentioned). They were a bit late but it was okay. 

The first performer was Della Idol and the second one was.. Mike.. hmm something.. I couldn't recall the name. Sorry. And then the last one was Gugun and The Blues Shelter. Each one was performing for about half an hour, so at 9.30 that night The Script has not showed up yet. Even though Gugun and The Blues Shelter performed very well, and Jono was very entertaining, but still I was only rooting for Danny, Mark and Glen. So I just like barely watched them and prefer to sit in the corner instead. 

After the two hours of tiredness in waiting for The Script, they finally showed up at the stage. They sang 13 songs in total, which were Before The Worst, Dead Man Walking, Breakeven, The End Where I Begin, For The First Time, If You Ever Come Back, The Man Who Can't Be Moved, Nothing, Rusty Halo, Science & Faith, Talk You Down, We Cry and You Won't Feel A Thing. I was like shouting "Danny.. Danny.. Danny.." for the whole night. I sang along with them. It was awesome :)

The rumored I heard about the not-so-good-live-performance was wrong. They were the best! It was an overwhelming great feeling to be able to watch one of your favourite bands performing right in front of you. The two hours of waiting was all worth it. They did give us such a beautiful night to remember. Not only The Script, but the crowd was also great. The enthusiasm of those who watched that night were incredibly amazing. Thank you so much for the Guinness, The Script, my friends who came along with me, and also the amazing crowd :)








ps: special thanks goes to Putri for taking the pictures with my camera :)

No comments:

Post a Comment